Enabling Usage Report–SharePoint 2013

Problem:

The report “Usage” presents empty counters. To check it, go to “Site Settings“, “Popularity and Search Reports” in “Site Collection Administration” section:

Run Reports

image

Solution:

Access the SharePoint Central Administration to enable usage reports.

Obs.: Remember this report will be available in 24hrs after the first configuration.

image

image

First, confirm if the option “enabled usage data collection” is enabled and review your necessities on this section.

image

image

image

image

image

At this is point, we need to enable the responsible job for generate this datas. Access the “Review job definition” option in the “Monitoring” section:

image

Search for the job “Microsoft SharePoint Foundantion Usage Data Processing”. Note the job status is “disable” by default.

Click on the link, as presented on the image below to enable the job as your preferences.

image

This is moment we should enable job “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Usage Data Processing” clicking on the “Enable” button.

image

image

The expected result will be:

image

With these configurations, will be possible extract usage reports from your farm / web site.

image

8 thoughts on “Enabling Usage Report–SharePoint 2013

  1. DR May 10, 2015 / 3:23 pm

    Hello,

    I have all of that enabled, and still I am my usage reports are 0

    Could you please help me?

    • mabotega May 15, 2015 / 12:41 pm

      Hello DR,

      Could you send some screenshots how did you set the configuration?

      I will be waiting.

  2. mabotega June 2, 2015 / 7:45 pm

    Hello DR,

    Did you run the job “Microsoft SharePoint Foundantion Usage Data Processing”?

    Thanks

    • Frank September 8, 2015 / 5:41 am

      Yes, I encountered the same problem. Usage Data Processing is running every 5 minutes but still every day the usage is 0?

      • mabotega September 17, 2015 / 12:53 pm

        Hello Frank,

        Try to set it again and let us the results.

  3. Dan March 1, 2016 / 10:55 am

    Anytime I tried to view Usage Reports, I get a message saying ‘Something Went Wrong’…”We don’t have data for this item right now…Try again later”….Having used Sharepoint 2007, I found that it was far easier to view Usage Reports…One would tend to think that things would have improved, with the more recent version, but, I cannot find any solution, to this problem and I would like to be able to see usage data, for each of the Sharepoint Sites, which I currently administer. Does anyone, have any solution to the above error-message? ….Dan.

    • Toby December 9, 2016 / 12:14 am

      Identical issue here, we’re unable to get usage reports from a site since upgrading to 2013 over a year ago. Interestingly enough we can still generate and view a “slowest pages” health report from Central Admin just fine!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s